Our business was started in 1918 by Mr. Grover Burke who opened City Electric & Fixture Co. in downtown Seattle. At that time, the company was an electrical contractor, doing domestic and commercial wiring and installations. In the 1920’s the company started selling and repairing major appliances, along with small household appliances.
In 1953 Elmer Manning and Bob Lindsay bought the small appliance division from City Electric & Fixture, changing the name to City Electric Service Shop. In 1982 brothers Michael and David King bought the business, after working for City Electric Service for 8 years. The business name was changed at that time to Action Small Appliance.
We have now been family owned and operated for over 30 years!